English for Kids: Review Before You Travel !
Your vacation destination is booked ? Remember to review your English with your family before leaving on your trip ! Both fun and enriching, learning English for children has become a necessity in today’s society, but it is also an opportunity to open up to cultures from around the world. It is recommended to start your child early. So let’s go !
English for children: the advantage of starting early
Starting Englishlearning English for children early in the morning is advantageous and even encouraged by the French National Education system whose pedagogical recommendations are aboutlearning foreign languages starting in kindergarten:
- optimal perceptive and cognitive abilities from the age of 3;
- Your child’s brain, which is very flexible at this age, is easily sensitized to the sounds of languages other than its mother tongue;
- initiation and familiarization to bilingualism fast and efficient;
- to develop thinking, attention and learning skills in many areas;
- create new neural connections, making it easier to learn other languages;
- increased interest and openness to other cultures;
- improvement of visual and analytical skills (mental flexibility) ;
- development of creativity and autonomy;
- increased self-confidence and better adaptation to change and new experiences
The English programs in France are considered too light and insufficient to learn the language properly. Set up activities at home in a relaxed and playful atmosphere, far from the school atmosphere. And if you are wondering what to do on a family weekend , take the opportunity to practice with your children, especially if you plan to travel to an English-speaking country in the near future.
Why is it important to’learn the’English ?
The international business and the globalization English is the most widely spoken and used language in the workplace and in everyday life. How many English derivatives do we use in our daily lives (fast food, drive, click and collect, etc.) ? Nowadays, mastering one (or more) foreign language(s), such as English, has become an essential skill for find a job and stand out from other candidates. Learn English from a young age is important for many other reasons:
- awareness and openness to the plurality of cultures of the world, reinforcing citizenship, respect for others in all their differences and personal development ;
- consolidation, mastery and ease in speaking, writing and spelling of foreign languages ;
- intellectual stimulation and reinforcement (the brain is a muscle that needs to be exercised).
If you are going on vacation abroad in a foreign country English-speaking country (and there are many), having some knowledge of English will make your life easier once you are there and will make you feel more comfortable independent Ask for directions, order in a restaurant, communicate with the locals… Widely used on social networks, you can communicate with your community and/or your friends followers around the world while speaking English.
English for children: how to learn English’English at home ?
Your children are between 4 and 12 years old ? Choose the online English courses ) : that offer programs adapted to each age and immersion with teachers and others English-speaking students, which can lead to the establishment of a correspondence enriching for children (mail, email, stay). In addition to free online software and applications to download on your smartphone, you can set up many activities to to familiarize your child with English :
- songs and rhymes to work on listening, pronunciation and accent in addition to basic vocabulary: alphabet (The Alphabet Song), numbers (The Ant Go Marching), colors and clothes (The Colours of our Clothes) ;
- specific board games to learn English or classic board games: establish the rule of expressing oneself only in English;
- daily life: communicate regularly in English with your child during the day (assimilation, reflection in English, natural and spontaneous bilingualism);
- stories or cartoons in English to get your child’s ear used to these sounds;
- immersion and travel Take advantage of the vacation season to do some shopping to teach English to your children by describing what they see on the road, for example, and let them express themselves once they get there.
Teaching English to your child at an early age is a definite advantage for his or her future professional life, and possibly social life. But it is also a source of benefits for personal development and growth.